TWO DIFFERENT THREE-DAY WORKSHOPS
APRIL 19-21 • 10am – 1:00pm
Shibori is the Japanese art of resist dyeing. Through stages of stitching, binding, folding and clamping, participants learn the basics of creating surface designs, and to be introduced to the limitless possibilities of creating functional or fine art with immersion dyed fabric.
INNOVATIONS IN FIBER
APRIL 26-28 • 10am – 1:00pm
Using stitching, binding, restricting and heating to manipulate fabric, participants learn the basics of creating free-standing forms from flat fabric. This methodology and process is designed to encrypt the shape of the mold being used onto the memory of the textile fibers to craft fine or wearable art.
- Location: Slater Mill, 67 Roosevelt Avenue, Pawtucket, RI
- Each workshop is limited to 24 students
- Single workshop is three days
- Single workshop fee: $150
- Register for both workshops and one day is free
- SHIBORI registration/fee deadline: April 15th
- INNOVATIONS IN FABRIC registration/fee deadline: April 22nd
- Email email@example.com to register